Chicken Pot Pie has always been a family favorite, but I don’t make it very often because it takes too much time. Instead of using pie crust, I decided to cook the pot pie filling in the Crockpot and serve it over biscuits. Since I’m eating clean, I just ate the filling and added a salad. You could also eat it over brown rice or quinoa.
If you’re in a hurry, you can make this with canned Cream of Chicken Soup. But if you’d like to keep the recipe clean, try this Clean Eating Cream of Chicken Soup from Clean Eating Magazine.
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 12 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (Or sub homemade cream of chicken soup)
- 1 can milk
- 12 frozen biscuits
- Mix all ingredients except for biscuits in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces.
- Bake biscuits in oven as directed.
- Top biscuits with pot pie filling to serve.