I’m all about quick and easy clean eating recipes. This qualifies as both. The best part of all is my whole family loves it. It’s loaded with veggies, but they are pretty much hidden, so I don’t get the usual, “Ewww! What’s this green stuff?” It’s a bonus that it’s healthy. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 chopped carrots
- 3 chopped celery stalks
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- 1/4-1/2 cup Yoshida's teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Romaine Lettuce
- Chop the veggies very fine. [I use the food processor.]
- Cook ground turkey and vegetables together in a frying pan until meat is cooked.
- Season meat while cooking with salt, pepper, garlic salt, or whatever seasonings you like. [I use the Kirkland no salt organic seasoning from Costco.]
- Add cilantro, peanuts, and teriyaki sauce. Use only as much sauce as needed. You don't want to have extra liquid.
- Serve filling in washed lettuce leaves. Romaine lettuce works well because you can hold it like a taco.
- You can use any veggies have on hand. I've tried it with mushrooms, water chestnuts, zucchini, and even broccoli. It's all yummy! If desired top with Sriracha.
- 4 Servings
- Meat - 1 Red
- Veggies - 1 Green
- Lettuce - 1 Green
- Peanuts - 1 Blue
Bullet Journal Updates
If you'd like to receive my latest Bullet Journal posts, store discounts, and fun freebies via email, leave your email below.