Wow! September flew by! I’m loving the cooler weather and my family is back in the swing of school, homework, and carpools. I used last month as a fresh start to get back into my own fitness journey. I didn’t do as well as I could have, but I did get 18 workouts in for the month, so that more than met my minimum goal of 3 workouts per week.
I track my workouts each day on a calendar, and I always share my calendar with you in case you want to track yours as well. Over the past two years, I’ve realized that it’s vitally important to measure your progress on something other than the scale. It’s super motivating to look back at the end of the month and see all the workouts I’ve done.
HOW TO USE THE CALENDAR:
1) Decide on a minimum exercise goal. This should be something you feel you can do, no matter what. My personal minimum is 3 times a week for 15 minutes, but the majority of the time, I exercise 5 or 6 days for 30 minutes to an hour. But if I get in at least the minimum, I know I’ll keep up the exercise habit.
2) Each day you exercise, mark it off on the calendar. You can simply put a checkmark, or write details about your workout. I like recording what workout I did and tracking my time and mileage when I run.
3) In the Weekly Goals box, come up with a small goal to focus on each week. This doesn’t necessarily have to be an exercise goal. Some examples: Drink water, do something I love every day, eat breakfast first thing in the morning, read a personal development book, etc.
4) Come up with a reward for completing your minimum exercise goal for the entire month, and write it in the Reward Box, or reward yourself each week–it’s up to you!
5) At the end of t he month, write down what went well this month. It’s important to focus on what you’re doing well.
WANT MORE ACCOUNTABILITY?
It’s also not too late to join my Healthy Living Support Group. I have a great group of ladies who are gearing up to make themselves a priority this month. I’d love to have you join us!
Bullet Journal Updates
If you'd like to receive my latest Bullet Journal posts, store discounts, and fun freebies via email, leave your email below.