This post was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson and I received complimentary products to facilitate my post. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of my favorite things about blogging is getting to try new products. My kids especially love it when I get to include them in the fun!
Target is having some great deals on skincare products right now and my daughter and I got to go on a fun shopping trip to check them out.
I remember when I was a teenager my mom always encouraged me to use moisturizer. She said someday my skin would thank her. I think she was right. Now that I’m in my 40’s, I’m starting to see some changes in my skin, so I’m passing that same wisdom down to my daughter.
She’s just started wearing a bit of makeup, and I often remind her how important it is to wash her face before bed.
5 Skincare Tips for Teens
A good skincare routine is especially important for teens whose skin starts to get oily and blemishes and acne are more likely.
1. Cleanse Gently – If your skin is oily, a foaming cleanser is best for daily skin care. Clean & Clear Triple Clear Bubble Foam Cleanser is a great choice.
2. Wash Makeup off Before Bed – Sleeping in makeup makes it more likely that you’ll get acne.
3. Exfoliate – Gently exfoliate once a week. Clean & Clear Triple Clear Exfoliating Scrub is a gentle scrub perfect for teens.
4. Don’t share makeup – I know this one is hard for teens, but you really don’t want to share your friends germs. This is especially important for eye and lip products.
5. Wear Sunscreen – I know when you’re young, this doesn’t seem that critical, but it’s probably the most important tip of all to keep your skin healthy. If possible, pick an oil free product.
We had a lot of fun picking out the new products we wanted to try. My daughter picked the Clean & Clear Triple Care Bubble Foam Cleanser.
The cleanser fights skin breakouts in 3 ways. It removes oil that clogs pores, treats any breakouts you currently have, and helps prevent future blemishes.
My daughter has sensitive skin, so I like that it’s a gentle formula you can use daily for all skin types. It has a soothing aloe and mint formula.
And I got a few different moisturizing products since that’s my main skincare concern right now:
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Regenerating Cream [Anti-aging results in as little as one week.]
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Liquid Makeup [It’s like moisturizer and foundation all in one!]
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Overnight Hydrating Facial [Hydrates your skin for 48 hours, and stimulates skin renewal overnight. This was my favorite product of the 3!]
Of course, when we got home, my daughter couldn’t wait to try her new cleanser. She even took her makeup off and then put it back on again. Overall, it was a super fun day, and I loved spending it with my girl!
Through the end of March, Target is offering some great in-store and Cartwheel promotions on skincare essentials from Neutrogena, Aveeno and Clean & Clear that will not only make you and your daughter’s skin look great, but will save you money at the same time! And don’t forget to Download Cartwheel, the rewarding way to save at Target!
- In-store: Neutrogena – Buy 3 Neutrogena products (skincare only), get $5 Target gift card
- Cartwheel: Aveeno – 5% off
- Cartwheel: Clean & Clear – 5% off
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Johnson & Johnson.
Free Fitness Journal
Get free Fitness Journal pages, recipes, meal plans and other exclusive discounts and freebies via email!