Thanks to JOLLY TIME Pop Corn for sponsoring today’s recipe!
My family loves popcorn! When my kids were little we’d pop corn and play games every Sunday evening. Those are some of my favorite memories. Just the smell of corn popping brings back happy feelings.
Popcorn can be a part of your clean eating lifestyle too! It is a healthy whole grain food that is low in fat and calories and adds fiber to your diet. JOLLY TIME Pop Corn has made healthy snacking even easier with their Healthy Pop line. It’s 100% whole grain, gluten free, and uses non-GMO pop corn, and comes in a variety of flavors.
I especially like to eat popcorn with other healthy ingredients added to enhance the nutrition. My favorite add-ins are nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. I also like to play around with spices. This recipe includes nuts and seeds roasted in a combination of sweet and savory spices. The cranberries add a pop of sweetness.
I used the JOLLY TIME Healthy Pop Crispy White flavor, but it would be yummy with the Butter or Kettle Corn flavors as well.
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 T. sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Put popped corn in a large bowl.
- Add nuts and seeds to a dry skillet. Brown nuts slightly over medium heat, stirring often so they don't burn.
- Add sugar and spices to the nuts and seeds. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring often while the sugar melts.
- Stir often to coat the nuts with melted sugar and spices.
- Remove nuts and seeds from heat and allow to cool.
- Add nuts, seeds, and dried cranberries to popcorn.
Here are a couple other fun popcorn recipes with fun add-ins:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JOLLY TIME. The opinions and text are all mine.
Bullet Journal Updates
If you'd like to receive my latest Bullet Journal posts, store discounts, and fun freebies via email, leave your email below.