A big thank you to Minute® Ready to Serve Rice for sponsoring today’s recipe!
With my big, busy family, I’m all about recipes that are quick, easy, and portable, but still nutritious. This recipe meets all the essential criteria. Thai food is my absolute favorite, so these yummy rice bowls show up in my meal planning rotation often.
I’ve been meaning to post this recipe forever, so I knew it was the perfect one to pick when Minute Rice asked me to share one of my family’s favorite rice recipes for National Rice Month. Did you know September is national rice month? Yeah, me neither.
Rice is a staple in our house and I love the convenience of Minute Ready to Serve Rice cups. They are super convenient and portable, pre-packaged in the right serving size, and make a filling meal without having to take the time to boil a pot of rice. I especially love the Brown Rice. It’s got the perfect texture with just a bit of chewiness. Some other nutritious options I can’t wait to try:
- Brown & Quinoa
- Basmati Rice
- Brown & Wild Rice
- Multi-Grain Medley
I work from home so I don’t need to pack a lunch, but my husband takes a lunch to work, and this recipe is a refreshing change from plain old boring sandwiches, but doesn’t take very long to prepare. I always cook some chicken breast in the slow cooker to have on hand for quick meals like this. If you don’t have cooked chicken, you can just make it a veggie rice bowl. It’s also super yummy with peanuts or cashews for some protein.
I prep all the ingredients, put them in baggies, and then put it all in one container. It’s super easy to assemble when it’s time to eat, even my husband can do it.
- Heat the rice and chicken in the microwave for 1 minute, then put it in your bowl.
- Add the chopped veggies, cilantro, and basil.
- Top with avocado and garlic lime sauce.
Easy, right? It takes all of 1 minute to have a lunch that’s as good as Thai takeout.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (any combination of peppers, cucumber, carrot, green onion, sprouts, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 2 T. chopped basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T. fish sauce (optional)
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients in the blender.
- Heat the rice and chicken for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Add rice to bowl. Top with chicken, veggies, and avocado, cilantro and basil.
- Pour 2 T. dressing over the top.
- The sauce will last in the refrigerator for about 7 days.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
Bullet Journal Updates
If you'd like to receive my latest Bullet Journal posts, store discounts, and fun freebies via email, leave your email below.