I just have a super quick recipe for you today. These seriously couldn’t be easier. You just dump everything in the blender, then blend away. Easy peasy!
You can totally dress them up by adding any toppings of your choice, or bake them plain. My personal favorite was the mixed berries on top, although the pecans were yummy too. Of course my kids all wanted the chocolate chips.
Oats, by nature, are gluten free, but oats are often processed in factories with other items that contain gluten, so if you want them to be gluten free, make sure you purchase oats that are marked “gluten free.”
I strongly recommend using a silicone muffin pan. If you don’t already have one, you should get one. It’s seriously life changing. The muffins literally pop right out. No more scrubbing a metal pan or always having to use paper liners.
These can be also be stored in the freezer if you want to make a big batch ahead of time to have on hand for breakfast.
You can substitute applesauce or canned pumpkin for the ripe banana. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, anyone?
- 2 cups oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2-3 ripe bananas 2 large or 3 small
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sweetener real maple syrup, honey, brown sugar
- Put everything in your blender and blend it up.
- Pour the mix into a well oiled muffin tin.
- Place any toppings you'd like on top. (chocolate chips, frozen berries, sliced bananas, nuts, craisins, raisins)
- Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes.