As you can see from the tagline in my header, Sublime Reflection’s purpose is to help you “Discover your true, authentic self–from the INSIDE out!” I’m by no means an expert, as I’m still on my own journey, so I’m thrilled when I run across resources and people who seem to be a little further along the path than I am. Leta Greene is one of those people.
I received a review copy of her book, How to Embrace Your Inner Hotness: An Inside Out Approach to a Lasting Makeover.
In my opinion, this book’s central message is one that most women need to hear — Be NICE to yourself! Through many personal examples and a great sense of humor, Leta presents 15 simple steps to a personal transformation. Each chapter includes a “Hotness” challenge designed to help you take a good look at yourself and apply the principles to your own life.
The book is an interesting mixture of inspiration and motivation, with some practical beauty tips thrown in. My favorite chapter was on motivation and focus–probably because those are the areas where I falter. There are so many great quotes throughout the book, but these are two of my favorite:
“If you are not enough without it, you will never be enough with it.”
“We would rather beat up on ourselves, repeatedly bemoaning that we can’t have (or achieve) what we want, rather than risk at the required stretching.”
Here are just a few examples of the topics covered:
- Why you need to stop buying in to a cultural concept of beauty
- How to transform the way you see and present yourself, inside and out
- How to discover the secrets to the right look for you
- Why different isn’t bad—it’s your key to hotness
- How to choose happiness now, no matter your current situation
- How to leave pain in the past
- How to figure out what you really want
- How to stop letting other people define your worth, potential, and purpose
- What it means to be “enough” (and it’s not what you think!)
Be sure to check out Leta’s Website, Glamour Connection, and watch this fun TED talk she gave on sparking your inner beauty.