I was seriously tempted to skip breakfast this morning and eat salad instead! This is saying a lot because I LOVE breakfast food and could eat it 3 meals a day and be perfectly happy.
These jar salads I made this week are so yummy and an easy way to make sure I get all my veggies in. This is definitely getting added to my weekly meal prep routine!
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1 cup veggies of your choice (I used red onion, radishes, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, mini peppers)
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Small bunch of cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender.
- Pour dressing in the bottom of jar.
- Layer black beans, chicken, veggies, lettuce, and then cheese.
- I dump mine out in a bowl to eat, but you can also shake the jar to distribute the dressing and eat it right from there.
- Making sure your lettuce is as dry as possible will help your salads stay fresh longer. Use a salad spinner or store your lettuce with a paper towel to absorb the extra moisture.
- 21 Day Fix Container Counts
- Vegetables & Lettuce - 2 Green
- Black Beans - 1 Yellow
- Chicken - 1 Red
- Cheese - 1 Blue
- Dressing - 1 Orange
Join the Conversation
Have you made Mason Jar salads before? What’s your favorite ingredient to add?