This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure statement.
I know I’ve mentioned it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again, but I love Clean Eating Magazine! It’s always full of great clean eating ideas and unique recipes like this one. I should warn you though, this was SPICY! I also used extra hot chili powder, so that was probably part of the problem. If you don’t like things spicy, make sure you take the seeds out of the chipotle peppers, or just try to use the sauce from the can. You could probably even leave the peppers out but then I guess it would just be Orange Chicken, which would still be yummy. I added wild rice to include another depth of flavor and texture. The combination of flavors in this are amazing. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Chicken – 1 Red
Rice – 1 Yellow
All the other ingredients are minimal and not necessary to count.
Orange Chipotle Chicken with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 packed cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Combine brown and wild rices and cook in rice cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice, lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry, then pound until 1/2 thick.
- In a small bowl, combine chile powder, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Heat 1 T. oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Season both sides of chicken with spice mixture and cook for 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add orange juice and maple syrup to skillet and cook for 1 minute to thicken slightly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in chipotle chiles in adobo sauce and orange zest.
- Add chicken back to skillet and stir into sauce and cook for 2-3.
- Serve chicken over rice and spoon any excess glaze over chicken pieces.
Chicken - 1 Red
Rice - 1 Yellow
All the other ingredients are minimal and not necessary to count. Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine