I felt like making something different for breakfast this morning, but still wanted it to be 21 Day Fix Approved. I decided to try making clean eating crepes out of oat flour so they would be gluten free. The result was delicious!
I also made a raspberry filling, but you could fill them with any kind of fresh fruit. My son put mango greek yogurt inside his, and another son just ate them with syrup. I think next time I’ll try fresh strawberries and bananas and maybe some whipped cream made out of coconut milk. If you wanted them savory, you could even fill them with scrambled eggs and veggies.
Today I ate mine with the raspberry filling and some cottage cheese on the side for a little extra protein.
Best thing of all, this yummy recipe is 21 Day Fix approved!
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (blend into flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 T. raw honey
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Put the oatmeal into a blender and pulse a few times until it turns into flour.
- Add the rest of ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat another teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan, then pour 1/4 of the batter into pan. Swirl pan around so the crepe is very thin.
- Cook until the top surface starts to look dry, then flip over and cook the other side.
- Crepe should be golden brown when done.
- Add filling ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer until thick and bubbly.
- You can also fill these with greek yogurt, ricotta cheese, coconut whipped cream, or even scrambled eggs.
- The full recipe makes 4 crepes. 1 serving is 2 crepes and equals
- 1 Yellow
- 1/2 Purple
- 1/2 Red
- 2 tsps.
Journey into Journaling
Join me on a journey to self-discovery and learn the healing power of journaling.