We love Mexican food at my house! This Mexican chicken recipe is so easy and versatile! I love that I can dump it all in the crockpot in the morning and not have to worry about it all day. I make it almost every week in some variation. You can make just the meat, or add beans and/or corn.
My family likes to put the meat mixture inside flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese, and tomato. I most often eat it on top of salad. [Note in the picture I added tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, and Food Should Taste Good whole-grain tortilla chips.]
Sometimes we eat it as a Chicken Burrito Bowl over brown rice or quinoa topped with greek yogurt, lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. I’ve even mixed leftovers with greek yogurt and eaten it cold inside pita bread. So many options!! Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz. jar of salsa or 1 can of diced tomatoes (cilantro & lime or green chile variety)
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 can beans (black or pinto) [optional]
- 1 can or small bag of frozen corn [optional]
- Pour salsa and spices in the crockpot and stir.
- Add beans and corn (if using.)
- Add chicken (frozen is fine) and push it down in the sauce as much as possible.
- Turn crockpot to low and cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Serve over rice, in burritos, or on top of salad with any desired toppings.
- 21 Day Fix Container Counts
- 6 servings
- Chicken - 1 Red
- Salsa - 1/2 Green
- Beans & Corn - 1 Yellow
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Chicken – 1 Red
Salsa – 1/2 Green
Beans & Corn – 1 Yellow