If you don’t like beans, omit them. If you want more veggies, add green peppers, mushrooms or any other veggie you would like. You can really make it your own.
Just remember to watch your portion size so you don’t over indulge. It’s easy to do with this one.
One of my favorite ways to eat the leftovers is to drain off any excess liquid and put it over a salad. Yum!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 8 oz. whole kernel corn, frozen
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can pinto, chili, or kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown turkey. Drain and discard any fat.
- Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz cheese if desired.
- 6 servings
- Ground Turkey - 1 Red
- Beans & Corn - 1 Yellow
- Vegetables & Tomato Sauce - 1 Green
- Cheese (optional) - 1 Blue
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
6 servings – Approximately 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups each
Ground Turkey – 1 Red
Beans & Corn – 1 Yellow
Vegetables & Tomato Sauce – 1 Green (Technically tomato sauce is purple but because there is such a small amount per serving, I lumped it in with the Green. You could count it as 1/2 a green and 1/2 a purple if you count partial containers.)
Cheese (optional) – 1 Blue