Life is busy, and I don’t meal plan as often as I should. I’m determined to do it more often though, because it keeps me focused and eating clean. But, for days when I don’t have something planned, I love quick, easy recipes. This One Pot Pasta couldn’t be any easier. You chop the ingredients, throw them all into the water and it somehow magically cooks, the water is absorbed into the pasta, and you’re left with a rich creamy sauce.
To make it healthier, you can use turkey or chicken sausage, and whole wheat or brown rice pasta (or really any healthy pasta that you like). If you’d prefer it vegetarian, it would still be great without the sausage. I think I’m going to have to put this on my menu plan next week. Just thinking about it makes me hungry.
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Pasta – 1 Yellow
Sausage – 1 Red
Veggies – 1 Green
Cheese – 1 Blue
One Pot Pasta
- 1 pound whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 12.8-ounce package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 1 T. chopped garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- In a pot combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 4 1/2 cups water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Join the Conversation
I know one pot pastas are all the rage these days. Have you tried any recipes that you love? If so, feel free to leave a link in the comments.
If you’d like to be on my mailing list so you never miss a new recipe or mealplan, please leave your email in the box below.