This meal is so simple, but full of flavor. Everyone in my family loves it. It’s perfect for any time of day as well — breakfast, brunch, or dinner. Make sure you don’t skip the cumin sprinkled over the tortillas. It makes all the difference!
The eggs can either be fried or scrambled. I prefer mine cooked over medium, so there’s some runny yolk, but the whites are firm. This is making me hungry! Enjoy!
Be sure to check out the healthy recipe link-up below for some other great meal ideas. If you have a healthy recipe you’d like to share, feel free to link up!
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
2 Tortillas – 1 Yellow
Beans – 1/2 Yellow
Cheese – 1 Blue
2 eggs – 1 Red
Salsa – 1 Green
Egg Tortilla Stacks & Avocado Lime Salsa
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheese Mexican blend or mozzarella
- ground cumin
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 large poblano pepper seeded and diced small
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 packed cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, poblano pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Stir to combine, then add chopped avocado and fold in gently.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with cumin. Divide the beans evenly between each tortilla. Top with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes on 350 degrees, or until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, spray non-stick pan and cook eggs as desired. (Fried or scrambled)
- Place baked tortilla on plate, top with egg and a spoonful of salsa.
2 Tortillas - 1 Yellow
Beans - 1/2 Yellow
Cheese - 1 Blue
2 eggs - 1 Red
Salsa - 1 Green