My Greek Yogurt Banana Bread recipe exploded on Pinterest and brought thousands of new readers to my blog. Since baking with greek yogurt appears to be a hot topic, I’m excited to share one of my favorite breakfast foods with you today. I alternate between making this recipe and steel-cut oats every week as part of my meal prep.
Any kind of fruit can be included. I usually just use the mixed frozen berries from Costco. There’s no need to thaw them first, just throw them in frozen.
This oatmeal is relatively low in sugar. If you like it sweeter, just add a little sugar when you serve it. Personally, I like it as is. Between the small amount of the sweetener and the fruit, it’s plenty sweet for me.
This recipe is one your whole family is going to love. It almost seems like you’re eating dessert for breakfast, but it’s good for you!
Greek Yogurt Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups fruit
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup honey, agave, sugar or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray nonstick spray on a 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients. You can do this right inside the dish.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can eat it plain or with milk. This recipe will last a week in the refrigerator. Simply cut a piece and warm it up in the microwave.
Oatmeal - 1 Yellow
Yogurt & Eggs - 1/2 Red
Fruit - 1/2 Purple
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Oatmeal – 1 Yellow
Yogurt & Eggs – 1/2 Red
Fruit – 1/2 Purple