This is one of my go-to fast and easy recipes. I love it because I usually have everything in the house and can easily throw it together. If you’re in a hurry, you can even use canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken. Every week I cook a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot on low for 4-6 hours and shred it up and freeze it in small portions so I always have chicken ready for recipes like this.
This is another very versatile recipe. You’re probably getting the idea by now that I’m not great at sticking to a specific recipe, so I usually give you several options for ingredients and ways to serve my recipes. This recipe is no exception. You can use any variety of fruits and vegetables you have.
How to serve the chicken salad:
- In croissants
- On a rice cake
- Rolled up inside a tortilla and cut into pinwheels
- On top of a lettuce salad
- In large lettuce leaves
- Inside pita bread
- On crackers
- With a spoon! 🙂
I’ve even served this warm inside crepes (minus the fruit.) So many possibilities for this basic recipe!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 2 1/4 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 T. mustard yellow, dijon, brown, any variety you like
- 2 cup chopped vegetables green onion, green pepper, celery, cucumber
- 1 cup chopped fruit apples, grapes, craisins
- salt & pepper any herbs your like (dill, rosemary, cilantro, etc.)
- 1/2 cup nuts optional: slivered almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Mix yogurt and mustard with shredded chicken.
- Add chopped fruit & vegetables.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.