Adding tomatillos to the guacamole gives it a lighter flavor and makes a serving lower in calories. Bonus, the tomatillos somehow keep the avocados from turning dark.
The recipe is thick like traditional guacamole, but you can add extra tomatillos and make it into a dressing as well. It’s super yummy over a shredded pork roast on top of salad greens or in corn tortillas. I’ve used it on a turkey sandwich, and even mixed it with chicken for chicken salad.
So easy, yummy, and versatile. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. tomatillos or more if you want it thinner
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 jalapeno pepper or more if you like it spicy
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. salt
- Peel and wash the tomatillos and cut in quarters.
- Put them in the blender or food processor.
- Add avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, and salt.
- Blend until desired consistency. It may seem difficult at first but quickly the juice from the tomatillos will help the other ingredients blend.
21 Day Fix Container Counts
Vegetables - 1 Green
Avocado - 1 Blue
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Vegetables – 1 Green
Avocado – 1 Blue