I love Olive Garden. It’s always a toss up whether I want to get salad or the yummy Zuppa Toscana soup. Sometimes I opt for soup, salad, and breadsticks so I don’t have to choose and can have them both. There’s just something I love about the way the sausage flavors the creamy broth. This recipe is much healthier than the Olive Garden version.
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Sausage – 1 Red
Potatoes – 1 Yellow
Coconut Milk – 1 Blue
Vegetables – 1 Green
Healthy Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb. chicken or turkey sausage mild or spicy, based on preference
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 8 cups organic chicken broth
- 4 medium red potatoes cubed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 bunch kale
- Brown sausage in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add cubed potatoes to saucepan. (No need to peel.)
- Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, wash kale and remove thick stem. Tear into bite-size pieces.
- Add coconut milk and warm through, but do not allow to boil.
- Stir the kale into soup just prior to serving.
Sausage - 1 Red
Potatoes - 1 Yellow
Coconut Milk - 1 Blue
Vegetables - 1 Green