These banana muffins are great for those following a Paleo or clean eating lifestyle. They are also grain and gluten free, and are a great way to use up ripe bananas. I make a batch almost every week and store them in the freezer. They make a great grab & go breakfast. Just throw a couple in the microwave for a few seconds.
Paleo Banana Muffins
- 4 smashed ripe banans
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup nut butter peanut, almond, sunflower, etc.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 T flaxseed can be whole or ground
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine banana, eggs, nut butter, and coconut oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil or use paper liners.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.