I went away for the weekend with my husband for a much-needed getaway. We love when it’s just the two of us and we get to spend time away from the kids, the hustle and bustle of family life, and just focus on our relationship. We only stayed about 20 miles from home, but it was like a little slice of heaven. I normally get most of my posts written for the coming week during the weekend. Because I was away, I didn’t have anything to share with you this morning, so figured I’d share a quick and easy recipe.
I make fish a lot, much to the chagrin of some of my children. They don’t really like it. However, this Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is one way they will actually eat it. The addition of the parmesan cheese mixture makes it taste delicious and keeps the fish moist. I hope you enjoy it. I often make extra so I can eat it a couple times for lunch throughout the week. Sometimes I put it on top of a salad or even chopped up inside fish tacos with a little bit of coleslaw or just cabbage and balsamic vinegar. Yummy!
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese can use freshly grated or even Kraft parmesan from a can
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and garlic salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2-4 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
Fish - 1 Red
Mayo & Butter - 2 Tsps
Cheese - 1 Blue