By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Dare Foods Incorporated and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I’ve always been a fan of Breton crackers. They are perfect for entertaining because they are bigger than most crackers and more sturdy, so they are perfect for dipping.
Now, I’m even more excited about them because they have two new gluten free varieties – Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax and Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic. I love having another gluten-free option to use when I’m creating recipes that call for crackers or bread crumbs.
Last year, my kids went fishing in Alaska with their dad. They brought home a freezer full of wild Alaskan Salmon, Halibut, and Rockfish. I was in heaven. I pulled the last pack of Salmon out of my freezer this morning to use for this recipe. I was aiming for something simple and easy to put together, yet fancy enough for entertaining. I was thrilled with the result. The savory combination of the lemon, herb, and garlic flavors was so delicious!
Roasted Salmon with Lemon, Herb, & Garlic Crust
- 2 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each, skinned
- 8 Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic Crackers
- 1 T flaxseed
- 1 T finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 T finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T butter melted
- 1 T olive oil
- Using a food processor or high-powered blender, grind the crackers and flaxseed.
- Combine this in a small bowl with parsley, thyme, lemon peel & lemon juice
- Add butter and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper fish fillets, then top with cracker mixture. Press down so it sticks to fish.
- Broil for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.