My kids love pasta and chili, so it makes sense they’d love Chili Mac! This is a healthier version, and they can’t even tell the difference.
I used ground turkey and added extra veggies to make it more nutritious. To make it even healthier, you can use whole wheat or brown rice pasta. Although, I personally just made it with regular pasta. My goal is 80% clean eating, and I don’t stress about using some convenient ingredients.
The macaroni is added just before serving, so it needs to be boiled on the stove. It can be cooked ahead of time though, mixed with a tablespoon of olive oil to keep it from sticking together, and kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready to add it to the chili. That way dinner can be on the table in no time after a long day away from home.
No matter how you look at it, this meal is better for your family than hitting up the drive through!
21 Day Fix Container Counts:
Serving Size: Approximately 1 1/2 cups
Macaroni and Beans – 1 Yellow
Meat – 1 Red
Tomato Sauce and Vegetables – 1 Green
Slow Cooker Healthy Chili Mac
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cans hot chili beans undrained
- 1 green peppers chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. package macaroni
- In skillet cook ground turkey with onion until browned.
- Add cooked meat, beans, vegetables, tomato sauce, and spices to slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Cook macaroni in a saucepan on the stove and add to chili before serving.
- Top with cheddar cheese, if desired.
Macaroni - 1 Yellow
Meat & Beans - 1 Red
Tomato Sauce & Vegetables - 1 Green