Well, today is the day! I’m super excited to start the 21 Day Fix Extreme. I made some time yesterday to read through the nutrition guide and made my week one 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan. I know it can feel a little overwhelming making sure you’ve got all your containers covered, so I’m going to share with you the meal planning process I follow.
Six simple steps to create a 21 Day Fix Extreme meal plan
1) Print out a blank weekly meal planning worksheet.
I’ve included a copy of mine below. I also have a couple other options in my free fitness journal download.
2) Refer to your master list of clean eating recipes.
You can find lots of great clean eating recipes online. You’ll refer to your list over and over again, so save it somewhere that is easy to access. I created a Clean Eating Board on Pinterest to keep them all organized and in one location. You can also check out all the clean eating recipes I’ve posted here on Sublime Reflection.
3) Divide your containers up by meal.
It makes meal planning a lot easier if you divide your containers up between meals and snacks and follow that plan the whole week.
4) Start planning the easiest meals first.
For most, that will be breakfast and snacks. A lot of people usually eat the same thing for breakfast or switch between a few options. Fill in those slots first.
5) Next, plan for dinner.
This is where it’s fun to get creative and add in some new recipes to try. Often you will have leftovers that you can use to put in some of the lunch slots. If you want, you can even to have leftovers one night during the week. Plan crockpot meals on days when you know you don’t have much time or will be away from home most the day.
6) Plan lunch using leftovers or salad.
Lunch is a great time to make a great big salad and add any leftover protein from the night before.
My favorite TIPS!
- Spread your nutrients throughout the day.
- Try to have your carbs earlier in the day.
- Avoid eating fruit or carbs alone. Make sure you add a fat or protein to keep your blood sugar stable.
- Don’t stress too much about small amounts of some ingredient in casseroles, soups, etc.
- To figure out the serving size, measure the ingredients in your containers as you add them to a recipe.
- Start a recipe binder or Pinterest board to save recipes you want to try and one for those you’ve tried and know you love.
- Make a list of your favorite things for breakfast and snacks to make planning easier.
My week one 21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan
Click on the image to download my meal plan, or click here if you’d like to download a blank copy to create your own!